Re: New to tesla coils

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>
>I will try to build thegeekgroup's bucket cap, and maybe later get mmc.
>
>I have no idea where to get a variac, so I'm probably not going to get
>one.  What is the purpose of the lightbulb in series with the
>transformer?  Does it protect it?

hey Sean.,..

I have a variac for sale ...  since you are starting in the new exciting
hobby of  T- Coiling, how does 25$ + shipping sound for a 10 - 12 Amp 140V
unit??   this unit will handle a 15KV 60mA Neon transformer with no
problem.... ( you must wire it up correctly ;)   )    if you are interested
let me know ...

Scot D     aka   BunnyKiller