Re: New to tesla coils

The 200 degree C has an extra 1 kV breakdown rating so use it if you can ---
in short, if buying new, then get the 200 degree wire -- if scrounging, then
standard magnet wire will work if you're not pushing the coil too hard.
Dolph's AC-43 can be shipped via UPS and offers the very best protection
against breakdown.  It's worth the money and won't crack or craze like some
polyurethanes do.

Always connect your power input directly across the sparkgap and then the
cap in series with the primary on one side.  This helps prevent RF feedback
into the xmfr.

Always use a good NST protect filter such as Terry F's or equivalent.
Perhaps Terry can post his link to his filter site for you.

26 AWG is good for this size coil.  10 AWG on the primary will work fine.
Be sure to add enough turns to cover at least 20-24 turns for testing.  You
can always cut some off later when you replace your primary with 1/4 inch
copper tubing or 10 AWG for the "finished" look.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913