Re: square coil

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Original poster: "john cooper" <tesla-at-tesla-coil-dot-com>

The Corum's and a few others have built squarish or oval shaped
primary's
wherein they placed two secondary's of differing geometries.  The
Corum's
were trying to produce fireballs/plasmaballs.  The other unit I saw pics
of
and don't recall their intent.  I've been wanting to replicate what the
Corum's were up to but add a powdered graphite injection system that
sprays
the graphite into the discharge with argon.  Can you imagine the
photographs that would produce?

John"

	A friend of mine tried putting a piece of burning rubber insulation off
a wire onto the upper terminal and firing up the coil.  Got things which
sure looked like fire balls but not at all spectacular since it was a
small coil.  (Maybe a piece of water hose would work with one of the big
coils!)  Somewhere I have some pictures of the experiment.

Ed