Re: Oscilloscope arrived - black market sucks

Hi Kreso,

At 04:42 AM 4/4/2004, you wrote:
>After playing with my new scope for almost whole night it look like it is
>not good!

Scopes can be tricky and hard to get used to.  It is probably fine since
most bad scopes have no trace or other very obvious problems.  If you can
find someone there who has used scopes before, they could quickly show you
how it all works.

>What should i check before i beat the crap from the black market seller?
>:-))

A new meaning for warranty return :o)))

>What are the basic check steps to see if it is good?

If it has a trace and the knobs all seem to do something, it is probably
good.  You would probably need a signal generator and another known good
scope along with someone with test experience to "really" check it.  But if
it seems to run, it is probably ok.

>I tried conecting 9 VAC transformer at input, scope measures 15 V with odd
>showing

9 volt transformers can put out all kinds of odd voltage without a
load.  Seeing 15 volts open load is not too unusual.

>, ok i tried adding one diode no improwment 2 dioes nothing, greatz
>then i get only a line it cannot be a line only with a greatz - right? It
>cannot be full DC with only 4 diodes? Or when i touch the table the waveform
>gose here and there it moves by it self, scope is not fizically connected to
>table it does  alot of crap etc and etc.

Hard to say what is going on there.  Can't help much from 12,000 miles
away...  try to find someone there that has used scopes before to help
out.  My bet is that the scope is fine.

Cheers,

         Terry