Re: SRSG VS SUCKER

Original poster: "steve" <steve_vance-at-cablelynx-dot-com>

 > Steve,
 >
 > Generally when a Tesla coil gives longer spark lengths using a
 > static gap than using an SRSG, it's because the capacitor value
 > is somewhat too small for 120 bps SRSG use.  A too-small
 > toroid can contribute to this problem somewhat perhaps also.
 >
 > John

Thanks for the reply John. I bet your right. My MMC is 30nf. Resonate for my
transformer is 37nf. Will adding another 10nf be sufficient or, should I go
with a LTR cap? What's the rule of thumb for a pig powered coil? I am using
a 10kva pig with a 3kva ballast for a power supply.

Steve Vance
Here is the link if anyone would like to see the difference the sucker gap
made. Photos at the bottom.
http://fire.prohosting-dot-com/~bonestc/6.5inchcoil.html