From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, 5 April 2004 11:25 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Oscilloscope arrived - black market sucks

Original poster: Skip Malley <skip-at-ladybughell-dot-com>

If you connected a transformer rated at 9VAC output to the input of your

new O-scope, It would be likely that you would see a sine wave of
approximately 15V peak.  A transformer with a rated 9VAC output into a
certain load would likely show what you have described.  The transformer
is
rated to be 9VAC at a certain load.  That is the RMS value.  The peak
voltage would be approximately 1.4 times the RMS (rated) value.  If your

transformer has no load, then the voltage would be a bit higher.

15 V peak or 30V peak to peak would be expected from a 9VAC transformer.

How are you connecting diodes???

Skip

At 01:04 PM 4/4/2004 -0600, you wrote:
 >Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
 >After playing with my new scope for almost whole night it look like it
is
 >not good!
 >
 >What should i check before i beat the crap from the black market
seller?
 >:-))
 >
 >What are the basic check steps to see if it is good?
 >
 >I tried conecting 9 VAC transformer at input, scope measures 15 V with
odd
 >showing, ok i tried adding one diode no improwment 2 dioes nothing,
greatz
 >then i get only a line it cannot be a line only with a greatz - right?
It