Re: Oscilloscope arrived - black market sucks

Original poster: Sean Taylor <sstaylor-at-uiuc.edu>

>I'm not sure how you connected the diodes. but it you wire a correct diode
>bridge, with a 10K ohm resistor for a load, you should see a proper
>pulsating DC waveform.

Not so important with an isolated transformer, but don't forget that the
ground of each channel (on most scopes) is grounded to earth ground, so you
can't measure fully rectified AC from the outlet (such as for an
SSTC)!!  You should be able to, however, use two probes and set the scope
to to an ch1 + ch2 thing, with one of them inverted and you have a way to
measure the voltage between any two points no matter the reference (so long
as you don't exceed the input voltage on each channel!).

Sean Taylor
Urbana, IL