RE: Plasma Balls with C60

Original poster: "Mudford, Chris" <chris.mudford-at-agresearch.co.nz>

Hi Greg

Well I have finally finished a two mot with doubler using 1.05 uF mot
caps in each leg, a pair of mot diodes with 10 kV caps bypassing them.
In each output leg I have a string of 5, 17W, 22 ohm resistors (110 ohm,
85 W total).  Open circuit it is giving 13.5 kV peak at 50 Hz DC pulses.
Given it is to be
feeding a 47 nF MMC and my secondary is 3.5" wound with 1600 turns for
21" using 0.28 mm wire (0.32 with enamel) do you think I need to limit
the output of this power supply?  What can a secondary such as this
handle?

Cheers, Chris.