Re: Plasma Balls with C60

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

Bert
I also quote from an interview re this article. "The study, described at a
scientific meeting yesterday, was small and has yet to be peer reviewed or
published in a scientific journal."
This is far from scientific proof.  Extrapolating this to humans is a leap
of faith not science.
This is not to say that carbon compounds aren't toxic. Coal miners lung or
chimney sweeps scrotal cancer come to mind for example. Maybe a
re-examination of the latter may cast new light on an old disease as smokey
chimneys might seem to be places where C60 could be found..
Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet-dot-net.au/

 > Original poster: Bert Pool <bert.tx-at-prodigy-dot-net>
 > Recent findings show C60 causes irreversible damage to the brains of fish.
 > http://wired-dot-com/news/medtech/0,1286,62923,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1
 > Personally, I look very hard at anything that destroys brain tissue, no
 > matter what the animal species.
 > The more complicated the mechanism, the more prone it is to break - and if
 > something screws up a fish brain, you can bet it will screw up your brain
too.