Re: Large IGBT need help

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>
 > Thanks to somepeople,  fairchild just got anal over their samples.  You
 > have to have a registered company email to sample anything.

Shipping free samples to hobbyists (with fast courier! wow) is charity
work & good PR, a money pit with minimal real returns for the
semiconductor company. It's perfectly reasonable they'd ship to
companies _only_ (and a good decision if you think economically)

If Fairchild doesn't ship samples (last time I tried, they did, though
these were LVDS logic parts and not power semi) then who cares, bad luck,
go check another manufacturer. IRF, OnSemi, Ixys, ST, TI, ADI,...

It's also possible to actually _pay_ for the parts. www.ebay-dot-com for
general stuff and often great deals, or newer parts from distributors like
Digikey, RS, Newark, Farnell, Arrow, and a whole bunch of others. Through
local electronics shops you often may, as a 'private' person, order parts
from RS or Farnell and the likes. The electronics hobby ain't cheap... :|

regards,
  - Jan

--
  Helsinki University of Technology
  Dept. of Electrical and Communications Engineering