Re: Newbe Question

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Gary,

12" Diameter PVC is pretty big stuff.  You can also build a high power tesla
coil using smaller secondaries.  My 3.5kW tesla coil
uses 4" PVC and is capable of 6-8 foot arcs depending on the toroid I use.

Pictures of this coil can be found here.
http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/teslacoil18.htm

Dan