Re: Maxwell AC vs. DC ratings

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > Hi All,
 >      To me, the MMC vs Commercial Pulse Cap debate smells a lot like the
 > Ford vs Chevy debate. No one's devotion is going to be changed by either
 > reason or argumentation. For myself (who drove the same VW Beetle for 16
 > years) I always liked the fact that a $3 hand tool and a $3 part would fix
 > 93% of all problems with my car. While the initial outlay for a big MMC may
 > be comparable to the cost of a pulse cap, 93% of what can go wrong with it
 > CAN be fixed with a $3 hand tool and a $3 part. If a commercial pulse cap
 > goes south, your entire investment in it is lost. Unless, of course, your
 > company can afford to buy you brand-new, custom-made replacements, but
 > that's a different situation.
 >
 > Matt D.

Matt,

What's a Ford?

OR you have 60 to 70 used Maxwells of all different Tesla coil useable
values sitting under the bench waiting to be pressed into service. :^) I
won't depress you by telling what I paid for them.

As I said before, I've only had one commercial cap go south in 15 years
and that was under warranty.

Ed Wingate RATCB