Floating MOT cores?

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

Ok, so I found the problem on my 4 pack MOT and it is carbon tracks. I have
yet to unmount and correct this problem. I did notice that when I connected
the ground from the outlet to the center tap the problem was reduced alot.
Anyhow, how difficult is it to float the cores? I figure I can just clip
the wires, carefully solder to them and then put it under epoxy? Will this
work and help my problem some? I've been meaning to call an oil shop to see
about getting a drum of transformer oil but havent yet.

---Eric