Re: Salt vs copper sulfate for caps

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:50 AM 21/04/04 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: pepperman-at-SoftHome-dot-net
 >
 >Hmm, that's odd: 500 grams is about 1 pound.  So that might actually be more
 >expensive than the price I quoted for 2 pounds.  But that raises another
 >question:  why did 1 pound of copper sulfate make a saturated solution
 >for 3 gallons of water for you, when it should take 2 pounds/gallon
 >according to the MSDS?
 >
 >What form of copper sulfate was the stuff you bought--was it copper sulfate
 >pentahydrate (which is what I was talking about), or might it have been
 >something else?  Any other suggestions?
 >
 >Michael Johnson

Hi Michael,

I scrounged around my shop and found the empty container that it came in.
Here's all that is on the label:

Copper Sulfate - Technical - 500 Grams
Xenex Laboratories Inc.,
Coquitlam, B.C., V3K 6C2

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle