Re: circuit breaker and gif problem

Hi Robert,

I would expect a 15/120 system like yours to draw 30+ amps without PFC and
17+ amps with say 400uF of PFC capacitance.  If it is not tuned well, it
could pull much more.  I would try to tune at far lower power using a wire
to get breakout if needed.  Once it is tuned you should be able to turn it
up higher.  You may need another 200+ of PFC capacitance too.  Be sure
there is nothing else on the circuit and that the breaker is in good
condition.  Damaged breakers tend to trip way too soon.  If you have a sync
rotary gap, the motor may draw about 5 amps too.  So I think you can do it
on 20 amps, but it is sort of close.

Cheers,

         Terry