Re: re: D5000 - B Luxtrol variac

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi David,

The taper winding is not a tap but a second winding in parallel with the
main winding to handle higher current.  This winding is connected at the
midpoint of the main winding.  You should see a solder joint there.  The
D6000s I have are identical in looks to the ones Adam has.

David E Weiss