Re: My new bench power supply and killer flyback?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello Kreso.

I also think, this is due to the different glue material or characteristic
of the joint you made.
The forces inside the core are pretty high and can certainly cause such a
phenomenon.
I do not believe it can be loud enough to deafen somone, but I think I know
what you mean and what you felt. I experienced the same effect with
feedbacks from bad quality picups for electric guitars.
The resulting sound is sometimes on a frequency that keeps the small
particles in your inner ear from touching the walls and by this temporarily
disabling your equilibium sense ... a pretty unpleasant feeling.
Remembers me a lot of the "brown tone" ;-)

regards

Christoph Bohr