Re: How to make a "good" copper tubing clamp

Start with a solid block of brass.  Drill out the hole for the copper tubing
10-15 mils undersize.  Then, when the allen fasteners are tightened it will
make a firm clamp.  The block is effectively sawed in half and then rejoined
with allen fasteners to make it tight again.

A separate hole is drilled, below and parallel to the first.  The 2 ought
wire or 4 AWG wire (smaller coils) is clamped again by another undersized
hole and 2 allen fasteners.

It's hard to describe the appearance without a drawing but it works good --
we've been doing it this way for years.  The trick to this process is
getting the undersized hole small enough to tightly clamp but not crush the
copper tubing.

Dr. Resonance