Re: Don't want to kill grandpe

Hi,

I would go with 30 feet from a "gut feel"...  At 30 feet, the magnetic and
electrostatic fields should be well outside what would affect a pacemaker
electronics.

But I would use 30 feet for "any" small coil (neon transformer powered)
regardless of spark length.  Even a little tube coil.  I think the bad RF
could be just as great with a little coil as with a larger one.  Spark gaps
and power arcs to ground put out terrible local RF into the GHz.  You can
always use a little transistor AM radio to "sniff" around for RFI...

If the sparks are like 20 feet or something, then put grampa in the next
county ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry