Re: Dear Rich REGARDING TITANIUM or ALUMINUM as an electrode

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Bill: Tungsten works best for spark gaps because it resists metalic
evaporation and the operating temprature is well below the ignition
temprature of tungsten. Palladium also works well. Platinum poisones easly
and is not a good choice. In salt water capacitors titanium resists
deterioration beter than nickel or platinum.
        Robert   H