RE: MiniSSTC project

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Vasil,

One clarification on some "advice" i gave you.  The max AC input should be
no more than 140VAC (200VDC peak).  You can NEVER go beyond that
point.  But when i mentioned 170V i meant 170vdc (120VAC).  Sorry for the
mix up.

Anyway, great work for such limited supplies and equipment!

Steve

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: MiniSSTC project
>Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:05:20 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Liviu Vasiliu" <teslina-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>Hi list
>With the generous help from the 4.hv-dot-org board i built
>a little antenna based SSTC driver (it is basically
>the Steve Ward design)runing a half bridge, for a
>little 11 cm/ 28 cm, 960 turns secondary.
>I run it from 120 vac input from my variac. Steve
suggested that I can go up to 170 vac, and geting up
to 12 inches. For now i am very pleased with these 8
inches streamers.

Pics are here:

http://www.geocities-dot-com/teslina/minisstcpage.html

Enjoy