From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 7:31 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: SSTC battle continues!

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
<dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Do you have a scan or a link to this "Tesla Rifle" SSTC ?

Also, is that 5.5kVA number correct - seems like quite a bit of power to
get
only 9.5 feet of arc?  And any details on the topology you are using?
Pictures?

  >With solid state technology it's easy to break the
  > old rule for classic TCs of 1 kVA input per foot of spark output.

I don't know.  My classic TC's break that rule all the time.  Even my
small
minicoil running at 200 Watts breaks the one foot mark.

  > We are presently up to 290 cm ( 9.5 ft. ) on 5.5 kVA SSTC.  There was
  > national press release on our "Tesla rifle" through the Associated
Press a