Polyethylene pipe in UK

Those of you in the UK looking for secondary form material are lucky.  It
seems that there is a huge usage of PE for buried water pipes.  I was on a
farm in Somerset last week and they had huge coils of it in sizes from 2"
diameter on up to about 6" diameter with walls that looked like about 1/4"
to 1/2" inch.  I also saw fairly large stuff (12" or more) being installed
into a roadworks type project in Guildford.  It's all bright garish colors
(yellow, blue, purple).  It might need a stiffener to hold shape.  While
standing on the pavement waiting for my wife to come out of a store I
talked to some of the guys working about whether they have short scraps (4
feet long) that might be available, and they seemed to indicate that one
might be able to acquire some.