Re: without wires?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 24 Jul 2004, at 17:26, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Chris Swinson" <tesla-at-cps-electronics.co.uk>

I'm tempted to question the notion of "better conduction" than copper
wire, especially at sub-auroral heights. Certainly the discharges
have a negative resistance characteristic but that doesn't imply they
lose less power over a given distance. In fact sparks (and glow
discharges) dissipate power quite effectively.

Malcolm