THOR Bang energy vs. streamer length measured

Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com

Hello all,

I mailed already once this on July 5th. I had almost no feedback. Was it
because the most of you was on vacation or because this material is
simply not for you (don't care, too difficult, useless, just crap,
etc.)?
To get an answer to this question I'm posting it again here below.

*************************************

I have completed the first set of measurements on Thor and I was
thinking to share with you my findings.

I have changed the bang energy (primary capacitor voltage), the RSG
rotating rate and the grounded target distance. For each position I have
measured "how well" the target was reached. In particular I was able to:

- document how the streamer grows length from bang to bang
- model the hit probability with a Weibull distribution
- show that a change in the RSG rotating rate DOESN'T influence the
streamer length

Read the whole story (includes diagrams and data) at:

http://www.iki.fi/dncmrc/meas/performance.htm

My "performance" measurement method offers a very good repeatibility and
can be easily used with any SSTC. It is very easy to test a supposed
performance improvements by using it.
I hope to receive some feedback also on it, considering also the recent
debate about the "energy and power" stuff.

Suggestions, questions, comments and corrections are all welcome.

Best Regards

P.S: Coming next -> New measurements with RSG gap amount reduced from 4
to 2. Any improvements? We'll see...

Regards