Re: without wires?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"I always got the impression that sparks were not what Tesla was after
and
the idea was to charge a large terminal to a very high potential with no
breakout.  He created big sparks for experimental purposes and to wow
the
public, but that did not seem to be the mode of operation for power
transmission.  I also think that the "Hertzian" vs. "non-Hertzian" is
basically a way of saying electromagnetic vs. electrostatic.  In his
patents he talks about how his systems could be optimized for either
mode.  Presumably adding a huge topload would skew things more toward
the
electrostatic....i.e. a big isoptropic capacitance charged to millions
of
volts and oscillating at very high frequencies.    I sure wish he could
have gotten Wardenclyffe running so that we had some idea of what he was
up to.

Zap!

Charles Brush"

	I sure wish tht Wardenclyffe could have been made to work PERIOD.  I
can't see how it could have.  It's really too bad that Tesla is no
longer here to answer questions because I suspect some of the problems
with understanding what he intended are in the meaning of words like
"forcing currents into the ground".  He was making up his own
nomenclature and we need a translation to figure out what he thought he
could do.  He was perfectly capable of calculating such things as the
circulating current it would have taken to keep his upper atmosphere
"conductor" charged and I wonder what he'd have answered if asked "did
you ever do it"?  These are questions which will forever remain
unanswered, at least in the halls of REAL science and engineering.

Ed