Re: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"I note that every attempt (successful or otherwise) to formulate Fr
for a single-layer resonator incorporates the h/d ratio in one form
or another (Medhurst does for example) so this cannot be an accident.
All past attempts to do this using wirelength and h/d range from
relatively simple formulations to some that can only be described as
arcane. I suspect some of these types of formulae were concocted to
fit particular cases.

Malcolm"

	I'm not sure what you mean by "concocted" but Medhurst took the
measured Cd values for a number of different coils WITH ONE END GROUNDED
and found that the parameter which best characterized it was h/d, the
aspect ratio.  He started from empirical data.  More recently there has
been some theoretical work done in Italy on the subject but I've lost
the reference to the publications.  Maybe someone here remembers them.

Ed