RE: THOR Bang energy vs. streamer length measured

Original poster: "Denicolai, Marco" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>

Hi Terry,

Yes, I understand what are you driving at. I just don't believe anymore
in the black box paradigm, where the more energy (or energy feed rate,
the power) you use the longer streamer you get out. I think the extra
(average) power will just go into more heat or more on-time, not more
length.

I see it as follows. If you switch a light on and off 3 times a second
instead of once a second you won't get a brighter light, just the same
intensity light on for a longer time.

We can't measure the energy fed to the streamer by its length alone. The
same length can conduct a different amount of current, with a different
waveform, different RMS value, etc. That is, the same length can account
for a different amount of consumed average power.

Therefore I would be glad if you could perform also a set of
measurements with the same charging voltage but different BPS.

Best Regards