A reVOLTing development.

Original poster: "Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

Today, I attempted to make an upgrade to my 4.5" coil
to get more "bang" from each discharge... this upgrade
consisted of re-wiring my MMC to use 2 strings of 14
caps (21.43nf), as opposed to the 1 string of 17 (8.82nf)
that I've been using.

According to all the coil modeling programs I've
collected (including my own utilities), I only needed
to re-tap the primary to 9.5 turns to make it work with
the larger MMC... well, I made all the mods, including
re-tapping the primary, and instead of getting more
"bang", it just sat there with the main spark gap making
sputtering noises, and an occasional firing of the
safety gaps.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'll be spending my
Sunday re-wiring the MMC to 8.82nf ... the streamers
were maxing out at 28" but it's better than no streamers
at all.
---
Depressed in Chalmette, LA
CajunCoiler.