Re: Alarm system

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Ah yes ,,,there is no thrill quite like getting your teeth jurked loose with
a 500v 500cap det generator. .. Keep in mind a silver bridge wire in a squib
is a dead short that is vaporized by current from the charged capacitor in
the detonator generator. A 1u capacitor charged up to 500+ volts that is
short circuit dumped into the lines when the "T" handle hits bottem or the
twist handle hits the peg stop . That is real current. Even the high voltage
squibs take 250 volts or more to fire and current of the charged capascitor
to fire the curcuit. A tc coil has lots of voltage to overcone a big gap,
but you still nead current from a toroid, capacitor , or something els to
store the current. Voltage is good, but current dose work.
       A micro wave horn neads a tuned stub to inject the Ac voltage into the
horn at the proper frequency to match the horn. Even the high POWER of a
magnetron tube requires a current loupe to inject Ac into a horn.
      Robert   H