Re: LTR cap BPS?

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi John,

Bart has changed the way JavaTC calculates BPS based on a whole bunch of
computer simulations that I performed.  It now takes into account resonant
and transient responses of the charging circuit (I will reserve the term
inductive kick for SRSGs).  I just posted a reply to Gary that explains the
method.  There is a bug, I believe, in the implementation of the formula for
input voltages other than rated, but that can be gotten around by
recalculating the nameplate data for the given input voltage keeping the
transformer impedance the same.

Gerry R.