Re: The 1500t secondary myth (long)

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for calling this to my attention Steve.

I don't know how 120 ft. got in there but we will dispense with it.

We did do a continuous coil at 65 ft with an occassional stray streamer
hitting the vertical post on the ground stand at 71 ft. That was max.   Not
75 ft though.  We were running at 185 kVA and started severely overheating
our air-cooled reactor even with the fan running.

We open the pri sparkgap up as far as we could and pushed everything to the
max.  It was designed for 150 kVA operation.

I think Greg L. has made some even longer with his super large coil & 12 ft.
sphere atop it.

My webmaster must have taken some liberties --- thanks --- I will correct
it.

I do have a 200 kVA coil in plans but don't have any present incentive to
build it.  The problem with large systems is that it takes a crew of 5-6
with a crane to set it up, and then there is always the storage problem ---
it just takes up too much space to store for long, inactive periods of time.

The price of steel has literally tripled since last summer and the price of
lumber has doubled, so a storage facility can run into some series $$$$.

Dr. Resonance