From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 9:42 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fun with Argon

Original poster: Gary Franklin <Franklin.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matt,

What an impressive list of references. But I base my opinion on my
personal experience. I have an ozone air purifier in my residence that
produces enough ozone to destroy a rubber band in a couple of days. I
have been operating that machine continuously since 1997. Molds and odor
don't last long in than environment. I have breathed ozone, drank water
saturated with ozone, and injected it intravenously without harmful
effects. So, you can probably tell that I don't have a lot of respect
for experts' opinion.

It seems that the problem is ozone that is generated with sparks. All
the ozone I make with three different machine use high voltage cold
corona discharge which means no sparks to generate the nitrogen oxides.
Tesla got a patent for this method.

Here is an article (c) 1986, written be another chemist who tried to
kill a mouse with ozone and failed.
http://www.oxygenmedicine.com/ozonetoxicity.html

But the real question: Has anyone noticed any unusual effects from
working with the inert gases?

GF

Tesla list wrote: > > Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx > > In a message dated 12/4/04 3:56:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, > tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes: > Original poster: Gary Franklin > <mailto:Franklin.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Franklin.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > Tesla invented an ozone production method that produced only ozone, which > is not toxic. The glass electrodes of a violet wand, also a Tesla > invention I understand, produces ozone without the nitric compounds. > > GF > > Hi Gary, > > From "Modern Chemistry" H.C.Metcalfe et. al. 1982: > "Ozone is a poisonous, blue gas with an irritating and pungent odor." > "The presence of ozone in amounts over 0.25 PPM ... can cause chest pain, > coughing, headache, and eye irritation." > > From Chemistry - A Study of Matter" A.B.Garrett et.al. 1972: > "Even in 1 PPM concentration, ozone can cause bronchial irritation." > > From "Essentials of General Chemistry" Hopkins and Bailar 1946: > "In considering ozone for any such [deodorizing] use, however, it should be > borne in mind that this gas is an active poison." > > From "Handbook of Chemistry & Physics 77th ed." 1997: > The threshold limit Value for Ozone is 0.1 PPM. This is ceiling value, not > to be exceeded even for short periods. > > From "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics 44th ed." 1960 > "Toxicity of Some Gasses and Vapors" > Lists ozone as 1 PPM or 0.002 mg/l > > From these, it would seem that the existence of non-toxic ozone is doubtful. > If there is a "non-toxic" form of ozone, it was unknown to the general > scientific community as recently as 1997. Of course, as one of my chemistry > professors said, "If you have any doubts, stick your head under the vent > hood and take several deep draughts." > > Matt D.