Re: Best way to clean and shine Brass

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 12/6/04 8:22:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
What is the best (and most economical) way to clean up and shine brass.

You didn't say how much of what size brass, but I do all my (cartridge - about 65 Zn/35 Cu) brass cleaning in a vibratory tumbler. You could use a rotary rock tumbler, or a big commercial tumbler if you're privy to a machine shop that has one.
Let it run for six hours, using treated corncob or walnut media to shine about 200 .308 Win cases at once, if that gives a sense of proportion.
Got mine from Midway years back.
<http://www.midwayusa.com>www.midwayusa.com
Homepage even shows a complete starter kit for $70.

-Phil LaBudde