VTTC modulator schematic question

Original poster: Phil Rembold <prembold@xxxxxxxxx>

Sue,

I know you've moved on to bigger and better things, looking in the
archives found a post you made that had a VTTC modulator schematic. No
grid bias resistors or bypass caps. This is sweet !!!

But I do have some questions about the driver and plate transformers :

For good modulation, how many mA of current runs through your 811 tubes ?
How many volts peek should the driver put on the grid of the 811 tubes ?
For the plate transformer, the wire gauge should be enough to handle
the current of the coil your driving. What primary / secondary turns
ratio is ideal ?
Did you "borrow" these transformers from old audio tube Amps ? Would a
70 Volt line transformer from Radio Shack work or do you think a
person could wind their own ?

Thanks for posting this design.

Phil TCBFW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 8:38 PM Subject: Re: Successful SSTC Audio Modulation - SWEET!