Re: Homemade mini flyback burnout in oil, question. Slightly OT

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have salvaged a 60kV dental x-ray transformer (for a while) doing this so is worth a try. But it may not last long if you are pushing it hard.
Peter (Tesla Downunder)
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au

Original poster: "mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

Hello, I was working with a very small flyback ..... I was wondering if I let it sit in hot oil for several days, would the oil seep down and eventually repair the secondary again? I think it would but I am wondering what you guys think.
Thanks,
Adam