RE: RSG unbalance

Original poster: "Terry Oxandale" <toxandale@xxxxxxx>

I ran into the same problem with my phenolic material disk. Fortunately, the
shaft spun with minimal friction and the slightest off-center weight
eventually would "pendulum" to the bottom of the disk. To balance it (and it
would take various RPM settings to finalized the balancing) I would let the
heavy end sink, mark it, and then drill a small 1/8" hole in the disk. Then
with a steel screw (6-32 I believe) I would insert it into the hole and spin
the disc up and watch and listen for vibrations. Sometimes I had to add a
nut, a washer, and maybe two washers to get it to balance. Other times I had
to go the other way and use a nylon screw and nut (much lighter) to get it
right. But after about an hour of playing with it, it balanced out fine.

(Un)Terry