Re: MOT info

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

[sorry if this shows up twice, I used the wrong email account]

I have seen the circuit that uses two mots wired back to back, then a center taped mot stack, and I have seen the circuit that grounds the "center" mots, and disconnects HV lines from the cores on the outer ones. and I have seen greg's 4 mot stack that uses caps for ballast. as well as various variations

which of these seems to be the best, for a 6 or 8 mot stack?

what about ballasting, I would rather not pull 50amps, 20-30amps would be ok (I have a 240v/60a circuit to use, but at $0.20 per kw, I would like to limit the current draw. should I use caps as greg has done, or should I wind an inductor around some rebar or welding rods?

-Rich