Re: tabletop coil first light

Original poster: hue jass <chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I have built a 1.75"/8" toroid for it, and now i am getting 6" sparks to a flourescent lightinsulated from the ground by an HDPE bucket. If i were to build an MMC to replace my beer bottle cap (the bottles get to be pretty bright from corona around the aluminum foil) and a vacuum static gap to replace my five segment static gap, how much performance could i expect? Thanks.

Blake

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones"

Hi Blake,

Great job. You did very well.

The electrical tape will not help very much.

Watch what the other end of the florescent light is connected to. If your
holding it you may get a surprise when a spark jumps from say your big toe
to ground or you touch an earthed object or a spark jumps from the end to
your hand. Got any pics to share.

Bob