Re: High voltage standing waves with a magnetron?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"If you do this experiment --- be very careful.

Microwaves cook part of your eye and you can go instantly blind in both
eyes
in seconds.

If not in a proper enclosure you might wish to pass on this experiment.

Dr. Resonance "

	I suspect this is a bit overcautions but very much worth noting.  It's
hard to do experiments involving moving things around on completely
enclosed stuff. If you do play around certainly avoid shining the output
of the magnetron, or reflections of it, into your face.  I've worked in
high-power radar for well over 50 years and don't know of anyone who
lost his vision because of exposure (even foolish exposure, of which
there's too much), but the correlation of exposure and later cataracts
is certain so you may not notice the effect of your careless until many
years later.

	I have had cataracts removed recently, but the doctor who did the work
thought it was "merely old age" and not microwave exposure.  Others I
know have not been so fortunate.

Ed