Re: Charging inductors for resonant charging

Original poster: jimmy hynes <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You sure? I still think it should work.

The current will be unidirectional, but the voltage wont, so the current
wont build up like it
would with a DC voltage. Most of the flux generated by the secondary will
just be cancelled out by
the secondary. The only flux is due to magnetizing current. Since the
voltage across the primary
is a sine wave, to find the magnetizing current, it is just V/2*pi*F*L. The
frequency is probably
going to be higher than the normal 60hz, so unless you are overvolting it,
it should be farther
from saturation. Do you still disagree?

=====
Jimmy