Re: Help! My Coil Blew Up

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Sue,

On 4 Feb 2004, at 20:48, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "S.Gaeta" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>
 >
 > I guess in spite of the age of the individuals involved, this SSTC
 > crowd is just another "old boys" club.
 >
 > I will get it working myself anyway. I have always gotten my projects
 > to work no matter what, and this will be no exception.

Some things to check (without checking what you've already checked):

- Deadtime between opposite legs of the bridge conducting. The
ringing in the output waveform is a bad sign

- have you disabled the substrate diodes in the MOSFETs? A circuit
diagram would be helpful (although unless it is posted pronto, I
won't be able to see it before next Monday NZT as we're about to have
a long weekend)

An old boy who hasn't built one yet.