RE: help needed with building a mini table top tesla coil

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Please check out my website at:
www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com

I have a complete mini-coil design based on a 4kV/38mA NST under the
section titled Spark Gap Coils.

Dan

Hello everyone,

I was hoping you could help me with my first table top
tesla coil. This is really my first high voltage
experiment, so any input you have would be very
helpful.

I have a mini secondary coil and toroid, and am trying
to figure out its resonant frequency so that I can
size up the transformer and capacitor I need for the
primary.

my secondary coil has a radius of 0.5 inches, 7inches
high, and has 448 turns of very fine wire.

the toroid is a brass doorknob (!), about 2.125 inches
wide, 1.5 inches tall.

According to my calculations, I have an inductance of
673 mhenries, and a capacitance of ~ 7 micro farads
(for both the coil and the toroid), leading to

-- a frequency of 3887883 hertz --

-- a transformer of 10K at 30ma, and a capacitor at   0.00795 mfarads --

before I go ahead with these calculations, can you
tell me if this seems even vaguely right, or am I way
off with these calculations?

I used this site for most of my calculations btw:-
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/formulas.html

Thanks again for all your help,

mizpoon