Re: High voltage standing waves with a magnetron?

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

I keep reading this post and wonder why you dont just use a PFN (pulse
forming netwotk) and a SCR like a thyratron and build a circuit like a
radar. No the peak power would not change , but the avarage power would be
very low and the tube would function normaly for a controled pulse time. The
PFN would be just 1 diode, 3 capacitors, and 2 toroid coils about 1-2 cu
inches in size to produce 6-12 uS of pulse power.
       A second point; the frequency is 14 CM to heat organic bonds and it
dose not evaporate water. The H-OH bond is 28 Cm and that wavelength would
evaporate water with out heating it. The second harmonis frequency heats /
cooks the organic H-OH bond  like in your eyes and skin so use due caution
and control the radiation patern in a safe direction away from you. The
frequency is chosen for best cooking use, so don't get fried. YOU ARE
       Robert   H