RE: Primary connection

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, 7 February 2004 1:49 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Primary connection

Original poster: Ian Macky <ian.macky-at-oracle-dot-com>

  > I was wondering if I could hear the various ways that everyone has
  > connected their primary coil to the rest of the system.

On my little coil with 1/4" Cu. Tubing primary, I have recently used the
brass ferrule taken from what I (& electricians here) call a BP1
connector (Plastic shrouded screw connector used for joining mains wires
- 2 screws on earth connectors).

It's essentially a small brass cylinder, threaded for a screw on the
side.  I cut/file a bit less than 1/2 the cylinder out, to enable it to
slip over the tube sideways.  You tighten the screw (lightly) & it
clamps with a fair bit of surface areas in contact, runs cool.

One thing though; removing part of wall weakens connector, brass is
soft, so you can't over-tighten the screw.

Cheers,

Phil Chalk.