Re: Transformer OK for a Coil? (mot coil)

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

It would take a bit of engineering, but it's possible.
You can use a MOT to feed a voltage tripler or
quadrupler and use the output to charge a tank cap
directly. Another possibility is to drive a voltage
doubler or tripler, and use the output of that to
drive a DC charging choke arrangement to double the
voltage again. Either way you can probably drive a
medium sized coil, as a single MOT can put out a
couple of kilowatts.

Cheers,

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18"
 > <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 > search the archives, there was a post about DC
 > resonant coil charging with a
 > single MOT

=====
Gregory R. Hunter