Re: Safety Gap =

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

On my 6" coil primary I have measured a 7X voltage rise at resonance, when
injecting signal across the gap.  At 12KV it could rise high enough to blow
my Fair Radio caps (100KV).  That coil also has a nasty habit of wanting to
fire at 1/2" spacing on the SRSG for a total of 1" of total gap.(1/2" below
alignment)  I have put a JF phase controller on it in hope that I could
could close that gap, but the T filter gap keeps firing at the 9KV point.
(my project for this summer)  Before this I had a RC filter that broke down
accross the primary side terminals thru 10" of canvas phenolic with some
help from the humidity.  Had I had no protection, I would have two dead
12/60 NSTs.

David E Weiss