RE: Static Gap question.

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dave,

I have some rare earth neodynium (did I spell that
right?) magnets I pulled out of some old hard drives.
I wonder if they would have suffient strength to
quench such a gap at about 1KVA or so.  How about
2KVA?  I know some people have claimed success with
magnetic quenching in the past and I've always wanted
to try it.  I think I'll search the archives.

-Brett