Quick and dirty dual MOT system...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Finn,

<SNIP>
 > Within these boundary`s, I once lashed up a quick
 > and dirty (and very
 > enjoyable, I may add) coil, run off 2 MOT`s and with
 > only 8 pcs. 56nF
 > 1600DCV caps.

What kind of gap did you run with this coil?  I am
assuming static, since it was a beginner's coil.  How
did you achieve quenching, and how long were the arcs?
I would like to build such a quick and dirty coil for
testing certain parameters I might be curious about,
plus I know a few folks in my area who have been
impressed enough by seeing my 6" system in person to
want to start their own projects.  Mostly amateur
radio friends.

-Brett
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

 > I just threw it together one day, to see if there is
 > any need for a strike
 > ring, and since then, I`ve always thought it was the
 > perfect beginners coil.
 >
 > Cheers, Finn Hammer
<SNIP>

_