Re: Static Gap question.

 > The conclusion reached was that under air or no streamer conditions,
 > first notch quench could be effected but was a complete waste of time
 > due to the consequent primary losses now occurring. Another bit of
 > pie-in-the-sky theory exposed to be wishful thinking.

"real" blast gaps (as described by Marx, and later, Fruengel) use annular
gaps and blasts with sonic velocities. That is, air is injected through the
center of two hollow electrodes, and blows out radially through the gap
area. I'd find it hard to believe that you could get a 4" spark in a gap of
this type.